There are various reasons why we love to prepare soups – they are easy to prepare, require little maintenance, you can mix and match diverse ingredients and herbs that can result in delicious and original recipes. And most of all, soups are comfort food. This type of nutrition can bring sentimental value thanks to simple preparation, nice memories, some family cuisine traditions, and so on. Such is also our Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup – an uncomplicated recipe for comfort food served in the middle of cold winter, served with grilled bread, basil, oregano, and olive oil. Take a look at this magic recipe below.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Portions: 10 portions
8 medium-size tomatoes
4 red peppers
2 red onions
1 knob of garlic
Fresh Bread – use our recipe Homemade Bread – ultimate recipe for the best home-baked bread by Boost Eat
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the vegetables thoroughtly. Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Slice red pepper into chunky pieces, onion into wedges and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Add the garlic cloves.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly. You can leave the oven on to prepare the bread croutons with cheese.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables into a blender. Squeeze in the garlic and add basil and oregano.
- Blend until smooth. Pour the soup into a pot and add chicken stock. Then bring to a boil.
- In the meantime prepare bread croutons with cheese. Cut the bread into cubes. Place the cubes on a parchment paper. Drizzle it olive oil and lemon juice. Spread grated cheese on top. Season with dried oregano and basil. Bake at 400F (200C) oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the soup warm and with bread croutons.