Banana bread became extremely popular during the first lockdown in 2020 when everybody got creative with cooking and playing around with recipes that prevent food waste. In that case, banana bread was great prevention for banana waste. Instead of throwing away ripe bananas, people found great use of them for delicious cake recipes with a moist texture and subtle sweet taste accentuated with chocolate and cinnamon.
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g)
½ cup dark chocolate or couverture chocolate (85 g)
1 unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar(200 g), plus 1 tablespoon for topping
1 large egg
2 cups ripe banana (300 g) – around 4 bananas
½ cup Greek yoghurt (120 g)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add the butter to a medium nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook it for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the butter turns amber brown. Set aside to cool for 10–15 minutes.
- Add cooled brown butter and brown sugar to a large bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute until evenly combined. Add the egg and beat for about 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla and mix with a spatula until well combined. Add the chunks
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with butter. Line the pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Bake the banana bread until golden brown for 60 – 70 minutes. You can test the cake with a toothpick or cake tester. You can inser it in the center and the cake is ready when it comes out clean. Leave the loaf pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour.
One Comment Add yours
Reblogged this on MAGDASCOPE – Fashion Beauty Lifestyle.