There is nothing better for breakfast than a healthy snack for energy gain. And if it’s also easy and quick to prepare, there are even more benefits to this. Our Homemade Granola Bars tick all the boxes for a healthy snack for those who look for a nutritious and delicious energy kick. We love to prepare these healthy snacks from a mixture of oats and various ingredients such as organic honey, brown sugar, raisins, cranberries, goji berries coconut, and nuts. With the proportions in our recipe the bars cascade with the delicious taste of almonds, cranberries, orange zest, and honey. They also have a very chewy and soft interior with a slight crust. Check our recipe below:
Prep: 25 min
Cook: 25 min
6 tablespoons butter (melted)
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut (shredded and unsweetened)
1/2 cup dried mixed raisins – cranberries, goji berries, blueberries
1/2 cup almonds (chopped)
1 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate (melted) – can be couverture chocolate – optional
2 tablespoons of orange zest
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Spread butter over round cake tin (24cm).
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the butter, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Allow simmering until the sugar has dissolved and a dark syrup has formed.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the oats, salt, coconut, dried cranberries, and almonds. Using a spatula, continue to fold everything together until evenly coated in the syrup.
- Transfer the oat mixture to the prepared round cake tin and press down using your spatula into one evenly packed layer.
- Bake the granola bars for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the bars in pieces.
- Prepare couverture chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Wait until the chocolate melts. Dip the bottom half of each bar in melted chocolate then allow to set, chocolate side up, on a rack. You can also place them in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
- Once the chocolate has set, you can use the additional melted chocolate to drizzle over the top. This is entirely up to you.
Please note: We may use affiliate links