Creamy Chicken Curry is one of my favorites, yet very simple recipes I prepare for many years. My first encounter with this dish was in Malta when I ordered takeaway from one of the Indian restaurants. I saw this golden-yellow sauce with chunks of chicken with rice and I didn’t even imagine what comes next. From the first bite, it was an amazing experience and introduction to my chicken curry journey in order to recreate this unique flavor. The burst of curry flavor mingled with soft milky cream and the taste of butter in the fried chicken. I tried different ingredients, ratios of curry and curry types and finally I found the ultimate dish staple from that remembered Indian takeaway. My son loves this dish a well and gets very excited whenever Chicken Curry is on the menu. And he is not an easy cookie when it comes to food preferences. This recipe is very special to me because it’s something that I look for in everyday cuisine – an easy-to-prepare meal with a myriad of tastes for our taste buds. A meal that is unique in taste yet amazes with the simplicity of preparation. Such is our Creamy Chicken Curry by Boost Eat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
0.5kg boneless chicken breast
10 Tbs Curry – medium
2 Philadelphia cream cheese or similar
100ml Cream with low fat (for soups, sauces, etc. )
Basmati Rice – 3 cups
Water – 6 cups
6 Tbs Olive Oil
- Cut the chicken in cubes. To the bowl add chicken, pinch of salt and pepper, and lots of curry – at least 5 Tbs. Add 3 Tbs of olive oil and mix everything together. Seal with the kitchen foil and leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours in order to marinate.
- After 1-2 hours, to the tall saucepan add 3 cups of basmati rice, 6 cups of water. Add pinch of salt for taste and 3 Tbs of olive oil. Leave the rice on the medium heat and cook until al dente for about 20 – 25 minutes. If needed, during the cooking add more water and oil.
- Melt butter in the wok pan and add marinated chicken. Fry until golden brown. Add a little bit of water and leave it to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Prepar the curry sauce – to the clean bowl add 2 Philadelphia cheese creams, 100 ml cream with low fat, 10 Tbs curry, salt and pepper. Using whisk mix everything together to create homogenous creamy curry sauce.
- Add the curry sauce to the wok with chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.