During the gloomy winter days, it’s great to have some boost of color and taste during lunchtime. We would like to share with you our Carrot Orange Ginger Soup which will brighten any grey dull day with the warming properties of ginger, the sweetness of carrot, and the refreshing taste of orange.
1 roughly chopped onion
1 chopped ginger
2 Tsp orange zest
1-2 Tbsp orange juice
1 Tbsp butter
6 cups (1,5l) water for stock
2 stock cubes – can be chicken or vegetable
- Prepare a stock with 6 cups of water and 2 stock cubes. When the stock starts boiling, leave it from the heat and keep it warm aside.
- Heat butter in a saucepan. When melted, add the chopped ginger and 1 tsp of orange zest. Saute for a few seconds.
- To the saucepan add the chopped onion and saute until translucent. Then add sliced carrots and saute it.
- Pour the stock over to the saucepan, cover and cook until the carrot is soft and cooked.
- Leave the saucepan from the fire and leave it to cool a bit. Then you can pour the soup the blender and blend for 30s – 1 minute.
- Heat again the blended soup. Pour the the orange juice and add the remaining zest.
- The best is to serve it hot. Add herbs of your choice – we recommend cilantro and basil. You can also add bread croutons. We served it with our own bread – recipe here Homemade Bread – ultimate recipe for the best home-baked bread by Boost Eat.